Monday 3 May 2010


For anyone who might be interested this is he little memorial we have set up for our beloved Charley Dog. Charley's ashes are in a casket that has been sealed and made watertight and the cavity below the stone is completely accessible and if we should decide to move home our beloved little Dog will be able to move with us. The inscription that reads "Hello Muttfuss" is the endearing term used by my Other Half and our Daughter whenever they returned home. Not "hello" to me always a first "hello" to Charley using his affectionate pet name. This little Dog is still very sorely missed.

3 comments:

karen said...

Jayne, that is just beautiful, and a wonderful tribute to a beautiful doggie xxxxxx

ShySongbird said...

What a wonderful tribute to your much loved friend. I'm so sorry you lost him, I have been in the same position several times and it never gets any easier...

Jayne! I have been so worried about you!! I kept checking back and hoping you would return and even left you a message of desperation back in August, now it seems that when you did come back I missed it!

Anyway, I'm so glad you are back with us and have enjoyed catching up with the posts I missed, it's lovely to see your garden birds again. It was so nice to see the Song Thrush, mine was killed by a neighbour's cat last year :(

How lucky you are to have Woodpeckers in your garden, I'm very envious.

Jayne said...

Thanks Ladies I cannot even begin to tell you what a huge hole this little fella has left in our souls. None of us can can used to Chaz being in that flaming hole but by doing it this way we can at least feel that part of him is still with us. We can still sit and enjoy our coffee and our birds with Charley Boy still sitting at our feet as he always did.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting shysongbird but things got a little hectic with most of my dear family getting older and becoming Ill it tends to fall on me to do the running about (I'm not grumbling mind), then Charley Dog got sick and things like my photies and my blog took a backseat for a while. My camera skills haven't improved at all but I will try and get some shots of the new babies coming in and try to make at least a weekly contribution to my blog. It's lovely to hear from you again too. xx