Friday 23 January 2009




We have had 8 blackbird sighting in our garden this morning the most I can recall counting at any one time. Among them was this one, he was feeding well and hopping about quite quickly but when the others were flying off he didn't seem too keen to fly!! However, I went outside to throw out some more ground food just in case he was injured and he promptly flew off. I wondered for a while whether it might be an injury he has got from scrapping with his mates or due to the greyish look on his feathers whether he may be poorly!!!
He's been popping back and forth to eat so I guess I'll just keep an eye on him!!

2 comments:

swatson said...

looks like he's had a bit of a scuffle Jayne great shots though
Sheila

Steve said...

One of my males had a white or grey feather (hence "Mallen") but he's either stopped coming round or it's moulted.