Sunday 7 June 2009



Just a shot of one of our very many Greenfinches, we have just been to feed my brothers animals and top up his outside feeders and he too has many Greenfinches and we were lucky enough to see a few of his resident Siskins, we just don't seem to attract them at all here!!!


Rather a poor shot but our resident Great Tits are usually very camera shy and getting them on film is almost impossible, this one was watching Mom & Babies in a nearby tree and was just keeping vigil!!

I thought this slightly obscured shot of one of our now resident goldfinches looked rather nice with the red of the tree on the opposite side!!!

This is the first shot I've managed to get of Mommy Blue Tit feeding one of her five remaining youngsters, this is the one of the brood of 15 that I actually saw leave the nest!!!


Could someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is a young blackbird trying to get the hang of hanging off our fairy cake holder!!

7 comments:

swatson said...

grrrrrrreat shots of ...was that a greenfinch I saw lol.and of the tits,thought at first it was a jackdaw on the feeder but enlarged it does have the mottled patterns of a baby blackie.then again....
Sheila

karen said...

Jayne, thats definitely a baby blackie! What on earth is it doing on that feeder, He he!!! it probably thinks its a sturk! Lovely pics, the goldfinch pic is pretty,and the blue and great tits!x

Steve said...

Looks like a baby blackbird to me, Jayne :)

Ken. said...

Hi Jayne. Nice set of pictures. That young blackie doesn't seem to know where he should be in the pecking order.Still if he can hang on there and feed it will make a change from ground feeding.

ShySongbird said...

I thought it looked more like the dreaded juvenile Starling Jane! But no one else has mentioned it so I am probably wrong.

Anyway, lovely photos. Goodness poor Blue Tit parents with 15 mouths to feed!

I am curious though, do you make the fairy cakes especially for the birds or are they leftovers? It has always intrigued me.

Jayne said...

Thanks for your comments folks, the fairy cakes are the very cheapest Tesco do Jan, about 45p for 12, I can make cakes but at this price it's easier (lazier lol) to buy them. Must admit I'm buying more and more every bird we have visit just loves them!!!
Jayne

denzil said...

your young blackbird jayne must have been brought up by starlings, ha ha, great shots.

denis